Connectivity for Communities
Rhyzome Networks is a data infrastructure company equipping communities for the digital era.
What began as a changeover to smart metering for Stratford’s hydro utility became so much more when the opportunity to build infrastructure that would support affordable internet and connectivity options was recognized back in 2009.
Think of us as a data utility.
Rhyzome Networks is building a city-owned data ecosystem for Stratford that is:
- dependable and carrier-grade, via a 50km grid of optical fibre
- ubiquitous and mobile, via wireless mesh technology using IEEE 802.11N WiFi.
Data infrastructure is a necessity.
With a fibre optic data grid, and a citywide high-speed wireless network, Rhyzome Networks built the data infrastructure that positioned Stratford to emerge as a digital technology centre, broadband economy and Intelligent community. Rhyzome also work with other communities who are planning and building infrastructure for their citizens in rural and under serviced areas in order to deliver broadband connectivity that is:
- satisfies industrial and commercial broadband needs
- promotes local economic growth
- helps bridge the urban/rural digital divide
- fosters digital inclusion for fixed and low-income internet users