Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. What is Rhyzome Networks?
- A. Rhyzome Networks operates an outdoor wireless network that provides fast (up to 8Mbps), reliable internet connectivity for customers that connect via a wireless antenna.
Q. What is a wireless antenna?
- A. A wireless antenna is required to bridge the signal from our outdoor wireless network into your home. This small wireless antenna is typically installed on the outside of your home and connects via an Ethernet cable to your WiFi modem/router inside the home.
Q. What if I don’t want to buy an antenna?
- A. While it is sometimes possible to connect devices directly to the Rhyzome Network via wireless signal without an antenna, Rhyzome Networks will not provide support for customers who do not purchase a wireless antenna. If you choose to connect your devices (laptop, PC, tablet, etc.) to our network directly, you may experience degraded service and slow/unstable connection speeds. Our network is not designed for direct access to wireless devices.
Q. What do I do after I purchase my antenna?
- A. After our technician installs your antenna, you will be instructed on how to connect to the network. This is done by purchasing an allotted block of time (ie. 30 days, 90 days, etc.) via your credit card on our secure site. After you have purchased your block of time, you will be provided full access to the web until your access expires at which time you will need to purchase more time.
Q. What do I do when my time expires?
- A. After your time expires, you will be taken back to our payment page and required to purchase additional service if you wish to continue to have Internet access.
Q. Is it safe to enter my credit card information on your site?
- A. Yes – All transfer of your payment information, including credit card handling, is done through a secure server using the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol. This allows your browser to encode any data it sends to our server, so that even if someone intercepted your information as it traveled across the Internet they wouldn’t be able to read it.
Q. Do I have to sign a contract like with other providers?
- A. No – because you only purchase Internet access for a specified period of time, there are no contracts. You are able to purchase Internet service for the length of time that meets your needs. For example you may initially wish to purchase internet service for 30 days, however after your 30 days of access expires, you may wish to purchase 90 days of service. The choice is always yours.
Q. What download/upload speeds should I expect.
- A. Rhyzome Networks provides our customers with up to 8Mbps download and up to 8Mbps upload speeds.
Q. Does Rhyzome cap my data usage like other providers?
- A. No – Rhyzome does not cap your data usage.
**If you are looking for help with your existing Rhyzome Networks internet connection please see our support page.